Friday, September 9, 2011

Barack Obama is Toast

I watched the Republican debate last night and there were two things apparent to me. The first thing was that Rick Perry was completely unflappable and second was that Mr. Obama is toast next year.

The first point was obvious as I listen to the moderators and some of the candidates try to go after Perry on some of his stances like the Death Penalty, the unemployment rate in his state, the “Ponzi scheme” remark, and vaccination of young teens. Particularly on the “Ponzi scheme” where he challenged those who claim Social Security is viable for future contributors. He wants to do something about Social Security but I of course the fear-mongers are going to spin his attempts at leadership into a, “He wants to get rid of Social Security”….. with no caveat at all. The second thing that tells me that Mr. Obama is going back to Chicago, Kenya, Hawaii, or wherever he comes from is the audience’s response to the Death Penalty question. The moderator asked Rick Perry if he had trouble sleeping at night, wondering if any of the 234 executions in the State of Texas might have been an innocent person. Even before Brian Williams could finish his question to Perry the audience applauded the governor’s policy. Brian Williams was so taken aback that he made mention of it in his next question to Perry by asking him what he thought the applause meant. There will be some who will try to say that the audience was applauding the number of people killed but they weren’t. They were glad to see justice being carried out by a state. Perry said if you come to Texas and hurt one of our citizens you will get the ultimate punishment.

This is shaping up to be a Perry verses Obama match and I for one will be “amped-up” for it. I thought that Perry and Romney were the two front runners so far; however with the exception of Ron Paul, all the candidates talked strongly and took their shots at Obama without fear. Gingrich for one seemed like the old Gingrich that I loved during the nineties but people have lost faith in him and I’m not such which one would show up in the general.

As for Obama, I have stated long ago that he wasn’t going to get reelected in an honest campaign no matter who our nominee was. I still stand by that statement. No doubt there is going to be major voter fraud; but I don’t believe it will be enough to make up the landslide gap that’s coming his way. Americans are aware of the “big picture”, that freedom is under assault from this president and his party. They realize that Obama, whether intentionally or not, is destroying this country; Obama is toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment